Paul McCartney & Wings Band On The Run 180g 2LP
2012 Grammy Winner:
• Best Historical Album
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 418/500!
180g Double LP Remastered at Abbey Road Studios in London!
Originally released in 1973, Band On the Run is McCartney's fifth album
following the break-up of the Beatles, his third with The Wings. It became the
most successful recording for The Wings and remains the most celebrated of
McCartney's post-Beatles albums.
This Grammy Award winning album features three Top 10 hits and reached #1 Album on the Billboard Top Album Chart. Band On The Run is the first release in the Paul McCartney Archive Collection.
"Paul McCartney and Wings trekked to EMI's studio in Lagos, Nigeria, for seven stressful weeks to make Band, regarded by many as McCartney's finest post-Beatles hour. Opening strongly with the one-two punch of "Band on the Run" and "Jet" (named after Paul's dog), it proved that McCartney still knew how to rock." - www.rollingstone.com
• Double LP Gatefold jacket
• 180g Audiophile Vinyl Edition
• Includes rare and previously unreleased tracks
• Newly Remastered at Abbey Road Studios in London
• Personally supervised by Sir Paul McCartney
• Replica of 'Polaroid' poster as per original vinyl release
• MP3 download of 18 tracks (24bit/96kHz)
1. Band on the Run
4. Mrs. Vanderbilt
5. Let Me Roll It
7. No Words
8. Picasso's Last Words (Drink to Me)
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
1. Helen Wheels
2. Country Dreamer
3. Bluebird (from One Hand Clapping)
4. Jet (from One Hand Clapping)
5. Let Me Roll It (from One Hand Clapping)
6. Band On the Run (from One Hand Clapping)
7. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five (from One Hand Clapping)
8. Country Dreamer (from One Hand Clapping)
9. Zoo Gang