Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here 2CD
Digitally Remastered by James Guthrie!
Newly Designed Artwork by Storm Thorgerson!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 211/500!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time - "Wish You Were Here" - Rated 324/500!
Rolling Stone 2015 Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Jam Bands: Pink Floyd Rated 9th!
Experience editions are expanded versions of classic albums in a Digipak
bonus disc format. Included are the original remastered album, a disc of
additional material and an expanded CD booklet.
On its release in 1975 Wish You Were here topped the album charts in both the UK
and the US. Reflecting the bands thoughts of the time on the music business, and
exploring themes of absence, Wish You Were Here contains the classic cut Shine
On You Crazy Diamond, a tribute to founder member Syd Barrett. The new
experience version presents the original studio album, digitally remastered by
James Guthrie with bonus CD featuring previously unreleased live and studio
recordings. Also featuring a newly designed Digipak and a new 20 page booklet
designed by Storm Thorgerson.
"The Floyd's follow-up to The Dark Side of the Moon was another essay on everyday lunacy, dominated by the liquid-rock suite "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," a poignant allusion to errant ex-member Syd Barrett. "Have a Cigar" is a searing blast at the music biz, with the classic line, "Which one's Pink?" - www.rollingstone.com
"While Pink Floyd were recording this elegy [Wish You Were Here] for burned-out ex-frontman Syd Barrett, he mysteriously appeared in the studio in such bad shape that, at first, nobody in the band recognized him. 'He stood up and said, 'Right, when do I put my guitar on?' keyboardist Rick Wright recalled. 'And of course, he didn’t have a guitar with him. And we said, 'Sorry, Syd, the guitar’s all done.'" - Rolling Stone
• Experience Edition 2CD set
• CD 1 - Original album Digitally Remastered by James Guthrie
• CD 2 - Previously unreleased live and studio recordings
• 20-page Expanded CD booklet designed by Storm Thorgerson
Wish You Were Here digitally remastered by James Guthrie, 2011
1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)
2. Welcome To The Machine
3. Have A Cigar
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9)
Previously unreleased live and studio recordings
1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1-6) live at Wembley November 1974 (2011
mix and previously unreleased)
2. Raving & Drooling live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously
3. You’ve Got To Be Crazy live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously
4. Wine Glasses from the unreleased ‘Household Objects’ project
5. Have A Cigar alternative version (previously unreleased)
6. Wish You Were Here featuring Stephane Grappelli (previously unreleased)