Half-Speed Mastered by Stan Ricker!
Numbered, Limited Edition! This is the definitive Pressing of this LP!!! 2005 Grammy Award Winner for Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals (Here We Go Again), Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Gospel Performance (Heaven Help Us All), Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s), Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical & Best Surround Sound Album!
The last studio album completed by the untouchable Ray Charles before his death. Charles sings a dozen duets with a dazzling array of guest artists from virtually every genre. "We cover it all," Charles says, "from country to R&B, pop, rock and blues. I’ve never let them put me in a little box, and this (record) expresses that open feeling. A beautiful song is a beautiful song - and to sing with so many beautiful singers is a blessing from God." Genius Loves Company stands as a remarkable hallmark in a remarkable career, including duets with Norah Jones, Elton John, Van Morrison, Diana Krall, Natalie Cole, James Taylor, Bonnie Raitt, Willie Nelson, Michael McDonald, B.B. King, Gladys Knight and Johnny Mathis.
"Norah Jones' voice on the first cut of the LP sounds more natural,
seductive, and involving, capturing more of the subtlety, while eliminating the
tizz and digititis of the CD. (Note also that Billy Preston puts in an amazing
performance on the Hammond B3 on this cut, in addition to two others.) Ray and
Norah are so in synch on this piece that it sounds like they're reading each
others' minds. No wonder it won a Grammy...It's an absolute stunner, and is a
tribute to everyone involved." - Dave Glackin, Positive Feedback Online Click
Here to read the entire review!
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• 1/2 Speed Mastering by Stan Ricker
• Deluxe HQ-180 Gram Double Vinyl
• Gatefold Jacket
• Audiophile Inner Sleeves
• Pressed at RTI
• Black Vinyl
1. Here We Go Again - Norah Jones
2. Sweet Potato Pie - James Taylor
3. You Don’t Know Me - Diana Krall
4. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John
5. Fever - Natalie Cole
6. Do I Ever Cross Your Mind - Bonnie Raitt
7. It Was A Very Good Year - Willie Nelson
8. Hey Girl - Michael McDonald
9. Sinner’s Prayer - B.B. King
10. Heaven Help Us All - Gladys Knight
11. Over The Rainbow - Johnny Mathis
12. Crazy Love - Van Morrison