Simon & Garfunkel Parsley, Sage, Rosemary And Thyme 150g LP
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 202/500!
Featured in Michael Fremer's Heavy Rotation in the February 2009 Issue of Stereophile!
Simon and Garfunkel's classic albums "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" and
"Bookends" (SUNLP5233), released in 1966 and 1968 respectively, marked the duo's
emergence as both a brilliant creative force and one of their era's
biggest-selling recording acts.
"Simon and Garfunkel's third album yielded up-tempo hits such as "The 59th Street Bridge Song." But the real gems are the strings-laden "Dangling Conversation" and the ballad "For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her," which features Art Garfunkel singing solo." - www.rollingstone.com
The pair's third album Parsley, Sage... was the first on which they won complete
artistic control, and they rose to the occasion brilliantly, delivering an
ambitious, autumnal epic that's been described as a folk-rock equivalent of the
Beatles' Revolver and the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds. Combining fuzz-tinged pop and
pastoral baroque-folk with the duo's heavenly harmonies, Paul Simon's heady
wordplay and some imaginatively layered production touches, the album features
such Simon and Garfunkel standards as "Homeward Bound", "Scarborough Fair" and
"The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)".
Sundazed's exact vinyl replica of this harmony-rich classic is sourced from the
original stereo master tapes, making this an essential component of any '60s
• Exact Vinyl replica
• 150g LP
• Sourced from original stereo master tapes
• High Definition Vinyl
1. Scarborough Fair / Canticle
4. Homeward Bound
5. The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
6. The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
7. The Dangling Conversation
8. Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall
9. A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)
10. For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
11. A Poem on the Underground Wall
12. 7 O'clock News / Silent Night