Dolby Pro Logic channel ID and set-up tones for Home Theater. Compares 20-bit
& 16-bit digital conversion. Includes useful test tracks, like low-level
frequency sweeps to reveal CD player or DAC filter problems. Plus selections
from some of the finest recordings ever made. Signals for testing: loudspeakers
& rooms & electronic components, amplifiers, & CD players. Miking techniques &
Use the signals to test your speakers and your room. Burn-in components. Home in
on your home theaterís balance. Check out your system with the soundstage map.
Also includes audiophile music tracks.
1. Home Theater & Stereo Channel Identification
(Left, Right, Center, Subwoofer, Surround)
2. Stereo Channel Phasing
(Stereo channels in-phase, out-of-phase)
3. Empire Brass Quintet: "Sibley Sanctus Lydian"
(from Passage 138B.C. - A.D. 1611, Telarc CD-80355, Surround
Sound - encoded)
4. Dick Hyman: "Topsy" (HDCD-encoded)
From the Age of Swing, Reference Recordings RR-59CD)
5. Sara K: "History Repeats Itself"
Play on Words, Chesky Records JD105)
6. Jimmy Rogers: "Blue Bird"
Blue Bird, Analogue Productions APO 2001)
7. Doug MacLeod: "Rollin' & Tumblin'"
Come to Find, AudioQuest Music AQ-CD1027)
8. Airto Moreira and the Gods of Jazz: "Nevermind"
(from Killer Bees, B&W Music BW041)
9. Dean Peer: "Lord's Tundra"
(from Ucross, Redstone RR91012)
10. Soundstage Maps & Microphone Techniques
(2 omnis, 3 omnis, ORTF cardioids, "Shuffled"
ORTF cardioids, Schoeps SFM6)
11. Robert Whyte: "Christe qui lux es et dies"
12. Robert Whyte: "Christe qui lux es et dies"
(Performed by Halcyon, complete performance)
13. Frederic Chopin: Waltz in C-Sharp, Op.64 No. 2
(Performed by Robert Silverman, from Concert,
Stereophile STPH 005-2)
14. Frederic Chopin: Waltz in C-Sharp, Op.64 No. 2
(Truncated to 15 bits; encoded vai PASC, encoded
via DTS Zeta)
15. 1992 Montreal Formula One Grand Prix
Signals for Testing loudspeakers and room:
16. Chromatic scale (left channel, then right channel)
17. Bass Decade 1/3 octave warble tones at -20dBFS
18. Midrange Decade 1/3 octave warble tones at -20dBFS
19. Treble Decade 1/3 octave warble tones at -20dBFS
20. Stereophile's Special Burn-In Noise
Signals for testing electronic components, amplifiers, & CD players:
21. Home Theater reference & demagnetizing tone
(1kHz at -20dBFS, decaying to silence)
22. 1kHz Squarewave at -12dBFS
23. Mutli-tone signal, octave spacing
24. Multi-tone signal, 1kHz spacing
25. Multi-tone signal, 500kHz spacing
26. Multi-tone signal, 500Hz spacing with gaps
27. ikHz sinewave (dithered) at -90.31dBFS
Total Time: 76:08