Stockfisch Records Vinyl Collection Vol. 2 180g LP
Direct Metal Mastering Pressed on High Quality 180 Gram Vinyl!
Enjoyable Listening, Audiophile Sound! A great introduction to Stockfisch artists!
It is astonishing and pleasing: in the face of downloads and MP3 there is still
a market demand for the vinyl LP, which is already 60 years old. Stockfisch,
therefore, releases the second volume of their Vinyl Collection containing ten
tracks featuring known and new Stockfish artists.
Stockfisch compiled the tracks for Volume 2 of the Vinyl Collection following
the established criteria of the 'Closer To the Music' compilations. On one hand
they want to offer samples of current Stockfisch albums, on the other hand they
would like to give a sneak peek on their future recordings.
For the first time available on vinyl are one of Allan Taylor's songs from the
Porsche/Burmester session, Ewen Carruthers "That Train" - paying homage to the
English singer/songwriter who departed in 2010, Paul O'Brien - the Irish
melancholic songwriter from Canada, the Australian folk-duo Carl & Parissa, and
David Munyon's new album Pretty Blue.
The unreleased song from Katja Maria Werker's first Stockfisch album, "Mitten Im
Sturm", the guitar piece played by the virtuoso Ralf Illenberger, who had
recorded with Stockfisch Records in the '70s, and lives in the U.S.A. today,
furthermore a wonderful song from Paul Stephenson's third album, (to be release
in 2012), are among those Stockfisch is excited to introduce.
The label is also glad to present an unreleased piece with the outstanding
guitarist Chris Jones who passed away in 2005. During a studio session in 2001,
a remarkable instrument, a Dreadnought, made by Moritz C. Sattler (Manzanita),
caught Chris' eyes. He couldn't stop improvising with his guitar - and happily
Stockfisch let the tape keep running.
• Heavy Weight High Quality 180g Vinyl LP
• Direct Metal Master Cut Vinyl
• Made in Germany
• Pre-mastering by Hans-Jorg Maucksch
• DMM Disc Cutting by Hendrik Pauler
• Mastering Monitors: B&W Nautilus 801 D
1. Tief Im Innern - Katja Maria Werker
2. That Train - Ewen Carruthers
3. Frogs - Ralf Illenberger
4. Paul O'Brien - He Can Dance
5. Westwinds - McKinley Black
1. Let the Music Flow - Allan Taylor
2. Into the Light - Carl Cleves & Parissa Bouas
3. Improvisation - Chris Jones
4. Carolina Song - David Munyon
5. Now So Far - Paul Stephenson