Stevie Wonder Innervisions Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 24/500!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time - "Higher Ground" - Rated 265/500!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that
utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to
further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate
developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher
transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in
fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for
a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements
in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
This 1973 landmark recording released during Stevie's 'classic' period features
"Higher Ground" and "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing".
"Fusing social realism with spiritual idealism, Wonder brings expressive
color and irresistible funk to his synth-based keyboards on "Too High" (a
cautionary anti-drug song) and "Higher Ground" (which echoes Martin Luther King
Jr.'s message of transcendence). The album's centerpiece is "Living for the
City," a cinematic depiction of exploitation and injustice. Just three days
after Innervisions was released, Wonder suffered serious head injuries and lay
in a four-day coma when the car he was traveling in collided with a logging
truck." - www.rollingstone.com
"Wonder wrote, produced and played every instrument on 'Higher Ground,' which was recorded just before he was involved in a near-fatal car accident in August '73 — no, he wasn’t driving — that left him in a coma. Early in Wonder’s recovery, his road manager tried to revive him by singing the melody of 'Ground' into the singer’s ear; Wonder responded by moving his fingers with the music." - Rolling Stone
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
1. Too High
3. Living For The City
4. Golden Lady
5. Higher Ground
6. Jesus Children Of America
7. All In Love Is Fair
8. Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing
9. He's Misstra Know-It-All