Stokowski Rhapsodies Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD
Remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
Cut From Original 3-Track Session Tapes!
RCA Living Stereo — the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound!
Maestro Stokowski is at the podium and Bob Simpson is at the 3-track Ampex recorder to capture the Rhapsodies from Liszt, Enesco and Smetana that give this issue its title. This is titanic sound that will sink most speakers and amps for that matter. A must. The original 3-track session tapes were used in mastering for LPs and SACDS.
"...I'd have to say that the usual stumbling blocks have been sidestepped.
Great care has been taken to do the right things, starting with the way the
decision to remaster these RCAs was made." - Jonathan Valin, The Absolute
Sound.com, June 11, 2013
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
• Remastered From Original Session Tapes!
1. Liszt Hungarian Rhapsodies
2. Enesco Roumanian Rhapsody No.1
3. Smetana The Moldau, The Bartered Bride: Overture