Super Audio Collection Volume 8 Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD
Sampler SACD Features Music Performed by Claire Martin, Joe Stilgoe, John Butt, Gottlieb Wallisch, Ingrid Fliter, and More!
The eighth volume in the perpetually popular Linn Collection series features a
captivating selection of tracks from its catalog of award-winning artists.
The eighth volume in the Linn Collection series features a selection of tracks
encompassing the latest releases from the label’s catalog of award-winning
artists. The collection opens with Nothing’s Changed, an original song by the
charismatic Joe Stilgoe. Via Haydn and Chopin, Gottlieb Wallisch and Ingrid
Fliter represent Linn’s stable of pianists. Five-star review recipients Thomas
Søndergård and Robin Ticciati are heard to conduct Sibelius and Schumann
respectively. And John Butt’s solo outing of Bach’s famous ‘48’ was named
‘Outstanding’ by the Int’l Record Review.
Linn introduces their favorite music from the year that saw Linn recordings
nominated for two GRAMMY® Awards and Dunedin Consort triumph at the Gramophone
Awards. This absorbing collection has been created with the love and attention to detail
that you would expect from an award-winning label. Linn has specially selected
these thirteen tracks from their critically-acclaimed albums - your new favorite
artist could be just a click away.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a Super HDCD 24 Bit encoded Stereo CD layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
1. Nothing's Changed - Joe Stilgoe
2. Haydn: Sonata No.60 in C major - III. Allegro molto - Gottlieb Wallisch
3. Sibelius: Symphony No.2 - I. Allegretto - Thomas Sondergard & BBC National
Orchestra of Wales
4. Chopin: Mazurka, Op.17 No.2 in E minor - Ingrid Fliter
5. Schumann: Gedichte der Konigin Marie Stuart, Op.135 - I. Abschied von
Frankreich - Ann Murray & Malcolm Martineau
6. Tchaikovsky: Serenade for strings, Op.48 - II. Valse. Moderato. Tempo di
Valse - Scottish Ensemble
7. J.S. Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1, Prelude No.19 in A major, BWV
864 - John Butt
8. Taverner: Quemadmodum desiderat cervus - Magnificat
9. Mozart: Divertimento No.14 in B flat major, K.270-I. Allegro molto - Scottish
Chamber Orchestra Wind Soloists
10. Ward: Fantasia 4a4 (VDGS 24) - Phantasm
11. Schumann: Symphony No.2 in C major, Op.61-IV. Allegro molto vivace - Robin
Ticciati & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
12. Rogers: Hello Young Lovers - Big Screen
13. Bennett: Goodbye For Now - Claire Martin