The Byrds The Preflyte Sessions 2LP (Snow Cone Blue Vinyl)
Ultra-Limited Edition Snow-Cone Blue Vinyl - Limited to 200 Copies!
Before turning rock ‘n’ roll on its ear in the spring of ‘65, the Byrds spent
countless hours creating and refining their unique sound at LA’s World Pacific
Studios. Hear history literally in the making as McGuinn, Crosby, Clark, Hillman
and Clarke record newborn, spine-tingling versions of classics-to-be like “Mr.
Tambourine Man,” “You Won’t Have To Cry,” “I Knew I'd Want You” and “Here
Without You” as well as lost gems such as “The Reason Why,” “Tomorrow Is A Long
Ways Away” and “You Showed Me” (later a smash for the Turtles).
The Byrds' Preflyte
Sessions captures the newly-kindled fire and enthusiasm of one of the most
legendary and influential groups of all time. This is the most comprehensive collection of the Byrds' pre-Columbia recordings
ever assembled. The set is filled with the World Pacific Studio recordings circa
1964 and '65; the released tracks, plus unissued and alternate versions from
both the acoustic and electric Byrds' sessions, early David Crosby demo
recordings, and the rare pre-Byrds Jet Set recording of "The Only Girl I Adore."
200 Copies Only in This Cool Blue Color!
• Ultra-Limited Edition - Only 200 Copies!
• Snow-Cone Blue - Clear Vinyl
• Double LP
1. The Reason Why (version II)
2. You Won’t Have To Cry (electric)
3. She Has A Way (version IV)
4. You Showed Me (electric)
5. Here Without You (version II)
6. Don’t Be Long
7. Boston (version II)
8. Tomorrow Is A Long Ways Away (electric)
9. It’s No Use (version II)
10. You Movin’ (version IV)
11. Please Let Me Love You
12. The Airport Song
13. Mr. Tambourine Man (electric)
14. I Knew I’d Want You (electric version I)
1. The Only Girl I Adore
2. Tomorrow Is A Long Ways Away (acoustic)
3. You Showed Me (acoustic)
4. Willie Jean (David Crosby)
5. Come Back Baby (David Crosby)
6. Jack Of Diamonds (David Crosby)
7. Get Together (David Crosby)
8. I Knew I'd Want You (acoustic
9. She Has A Way (version I)
10. Here Without You (version I)
11. For Me Again (version I)
12. It’s No Use (version I)
13. The Reason Why (version I)
14. Boston (version I)
Recorded at World Pacific Studios, Los Angeles, California, 1964-65.