The Band Moondog Matinee Japanese Import SHM SACD
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player!
1973 Album Contains Covers of R&B and Blues Songs!
Moondog Matinee is the fifth studio album by Canadian/American rock group The
Band, released in 1973. It consists entirely of cover material reflecting the
group's love of R&B and blues music, with one exception in their interpretation
of the theme from the film The Third Man. Some of the covers include Allen
Toussaint's "Holy Cow" and Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come."
"They demonstrated considerable expertise on their versions of rock & roll
and R&B standards..." -William Ruhlman, allmusic.com
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player
1. Ain't Got No Home
2. Holy Cow
3. Share Your Love (With Me)
4. Mystery Train
5. Third Man Theme
6. The Promised Land
7. The Great Pretender
8. I'm Ready
10. A Change Is Gonna Come