Featuring 18 Rare Early Tracks Including "In Spite Of All The Danger", "Cayenne" & "Ain't She Sweet"!
They were determined to amount to something – in George’s words “we just had this amazing inner feeling of: ‘We’re going to do it’. I don’t know why... we were just cocky” – and make a record (in Ringo’s words you’d kill for that bit of plastic and make some money and have a laugh and shout. That would do to be going on with.)
Six years later, they were the four most famous and musical men on earth, the best dressed and on a good day the most captivating people anyone can remember. The narrative that began where Paul met John and clicked at a garden fete in leafy Liverpool, and ended in high dudgeon in high-end London, is so far fetched that it needs the power of a song punctuating every page to remind you with a joyous jolt that it was all true.
We didn’t dream it... though it came out of John’s dream of the “man on a flaming pie” who said “You are Beatles with an ‘A’”. It did all happen. The whole wonderful thing did happen, a long time ago, on the Mersey, on the Elbe, by the Thames and the Hudson River.
Amazing and marvellous and, overy fifty years on, forever young.
18 tracks of rare early Beatles material, including "In Spite Of All The Danger" (the only song ever co-written by Paul McCartney & George Harrison) recorded in Liverpool in 1958 when the Beatles (along with John Lowe on piano & Colin Hanton on drums) were still known as the Quarrymen; a 1960 home recording of McCartney's "Cayenne" (with Stuart Sutcliffe); "Ain't She Sweet" recorded in Hamburg in 1961; "Besame Mucho" featuring Pete Best on drums; "The One After 909", and "I Saw Her Standing There" recorded live at the Cavern Club in 1962, and much, much more!!
• Black Vinyl 140g LP
• 18 Rare Tracks
1. Love Me Do (single version with Ringo Starr, September 4, 1962)
2. How Do You Do It (September 4, 1962)
3. Please Please Me (without harmonica, September 11, 1962)
4. Love Me Do (with Andy White, September 11, 1962)
5. PS I Love You (single version, November 1962)
6. Ask Me Why (November 1962)
7. Please Please Me (November 1962)
8. I Saw Her Standing There (Hamburg, December 31, 1962)
9. Lend Me Your Comb (Hamburg, December 31, 1962
1. That'll Be The Day (with John Lowe & Colin Hanton, Liverpool, 1958)
2. In Spite Of All The Danger (with John Lowe & Colin Hanton, Liverpool, 1958)
3. Cayenne (with Stuart Sutcliffe, Liverpool, June 1960)
4. Ain't She Sweet (Hamburg, June 22, 1961)
5. The One After 909 (Liverpool, 1962)
6. I Saw Her Standing There (Liverpool, 1962)
7. Catswalk (Liverpool, 1962)
8. Besame Mucho (with Pete Best, June 6, 1962)
9. Love Me Do (with Pete Best, June 6, 1962)