This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
200g Vinyl LP Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Cut by Doug Sax from the Original Master Tapes!
More of a well-kept secret than some of his peers, pianist Don Ewell's
interpretation of Waller, Johnson and Morton, both in performances and
recordings, are revered within New Orleans and traditional jazz circles.
Learning from Bechet, Ory, Spanier, Mole and Teagarden among others, Ewell was
working steadily and in demand up until his death in 1983. This true stereo
recording from 1959 is a great sonic showcase of his mastery of stride.
Featuring eight selections including: New Orleans Hop Scop Blues, Ole Miss,
Georgia Bo Bo and the title song.
• 200g Vinyl
• Cut by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab from the original master tapes
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Meticulous test pressing evaluation and quality control
• Highest-quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
Don Ewell, piano
Nappy Trottier, trumpet
Marty Grosz, guitar
Earl Murphy, bass violin
1. Michigan Water Blues
2. Atlanta Blues
3. Tishomingo Blues
4. Georgia Bo Bo
1. New Orleans Hop Scop Blues
2. Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gave To Me
3. Ole Miss
4. Yellow Dog Blues