20th Anniversary Edition 180g Audiophile Vinyl!
First Time On Vinyl! Features Tom Jones, Sister Sledge, Donna Summer & More!
Numbered, Limited Edition Blue Vinyl - Only 1500 Copies!
The Full Monty is a 1997 British comedy-drama film directed by Peter
Cattaneo, starring Robert Carlyle, Mark Addy, William Snape, Steve Huison, Tom
Wilkinson, Paul Barber and Hugo Speer. The film tells the story of six unemployed men, four of them former steel
workers, who decide to form a male striptease act (à la Chippendale dancers) in
order to gather enough money to get somewhere else and for main character, Gaz,
to be able to see his son. Gaz declares that their show will be better than the
Chippendales dancers because they will go "the full monty"—strip all the
way—hence the film's title. Despite being a comedy, the film also touches on serious subjects such as
unemployment, fathers' rights, depression, impotence, homosexuality, body image,
working class culture and suicide.
The Full Monty was a major critical success upon release and an unexpected
international commercial success, grossing over $250 million from a budget of
only $3.5 million. It was the highest-grossing film in the UK until it was
outsold by Titanic. It was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best
Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best Original Music Score, winning the
last. The film was later adapted into a musical in 2000 and a play in 2013.
For the first time in 20 years, the soundtrack of The Full Monty is now
available on vinyl. The package includes a 4 page booklet with pics and credits
and a copy of the original movie poster.
The first pressing of 1,500 numbered copies is pressed on blue vinyl.
• 180 gram Audiophile Vinyl
• 4 page booklet with photos and credits
• Replica of original movie poster
• First Time on vinyl!
• Oscar Award-winning score by Anne Dudley of The Art Of Noise
• First pressing of 1500 numbered copies on Blue Vinyl
1. The Zodiac - David Lindup
2. You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate
3. You Can Leave Your Hat On - Tom Jones
4. Moving On Up - M People
5. Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
1. The Full Monty*
2. The Lunchbox Has Landed*
3. Land Of 1,000 Dances - Wilson Pickett
4. Rock And Roll, Part 2 - Gary Glitter
5. Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
6. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
7. Flashdance...What A Feeling '95 - Irene Cara
8. The Stripper - Joe Loss & His Orchestra
*Original score by Anne Dudley