1985 Debut Album Reissued On Clear Vinyl LP!
Legendary Supergroup Featuring Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash & Kris Kristofferson!
Highwayman was the 1985 debut LP from the country super group The Highwaymen, an
epic quartet comprised of the outlaw country genre's pioneering stars: Johnny
Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson.
The ten-track album was released following the success of the single
"Highwayman", a Jimmy Webb cover. The newly interpreted version hit the top of
the country charts upon release and was followed up by the Top 20 hit
"Desperados Waiting For a Train", which was originally released by Guy Clark.
Initially the group was known as "Nelson, Jennings, Cash, Kristofferson", but
was later changed to The Highwaymen.
• Clear Vinyl LP
Keyboards: Bobby Emmons, Bobby Wood, Paul Davis
Drums: Gene Chrisman
Bass: Mike Leech, Jimmy Tittle
Harp: Mickey Raphael
Guitars: Willie Neslon, Waylon Jennings, Reggie Young, J.R. Cobb, Marty Stuart, Chips Moman
Mandolin: Marty Stuart
Background vocals: Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Paul Davis, Johnny Rodridguez, Chips Moman
1. Highwayman - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
2. The Last Cowboy Song - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
3. Jim, I Wore A Tie Today - Cash, Willie
4. Big River - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
5. Committed To Parkview - Cash, Willie
1. Desperados Waiting For A Train - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
2. Deportee (Plane Wreck At Los Gatos) - Cash, Willie, Johnny Rodriguez
3. Welfare Line - Waylon, Willie, Cash. Kris
4. Against The Wind - Cash, Willie, Waylon
5. The Twentieth Century Is Almost Over - Cash, Willie