1985 Debut Album Reissued On Vinyl LP!
Highwayman was the 1985 debut LP from the country super group The Highwaymen, an
epic quartet comprised of the outlaw country genre's pioneering stars: Johnny
Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson.
The ten-track album was released following the success of the single
"Highwayman", a Jimmy Webb cover. The newly interpreted version hit the top of
the country charts upon release and was followed up by the Top 20 hit
"Desperados Waiting For a Train", which was originally released by Guy Clark.
Initially the group was known as "Nelson, Jennings, Cash, Kristofferson", but
was later changed to The Highwaymen.
• Vinyl LP
Keyboards: Bobby Emmons, Bobby Wood, Paul Davis
Drums: Gene Chrisman
Bass: Mike Leech, Jimmy Tittle
Harp: Mickey Raphael
Guitars: Willie Neslon, Waylon Jennings, Reggie Young, J.R. Cobb, Marty Stuart, Chips Moman
Mandolin: Marty Stuart
Background vocals: Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Paul Davis, Johnny Rodridguez, Chips Moman
1. Highwayman - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
2. The Last Cowboy Song - Waylon,Willie, Cash, Kris
3. Jim, I Wore A Tie Today - Cash, Willie
4. Big River - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
5. Committed to Parkview - Cash, Willie
1. Desperados Waiting For A Train - Waylon, Willie, Cash, Kris
2. Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos) - Cash, Willie, Johnny Rodriguez
3. Welfare Line - Waylon, Willie, Cash. Kris
4. Against the World - Cash, Willie, Waylon
5. The Twentieth Century Is Almost Over - Cash, Willie