Rare Find, Long Out Of Print!
As composer, arranger, pianist, John di Martino has recorded many albums for
Venus Records with his "Romantic Jazz Trio". Noted for his versatility, John has
performed and recorded with such notables as Kenny Burrell, James Moody, Joe
Lovano, David "Fat Head" Newman, Pat Martino, Paquito D'Rivera and Houston
Here the trio devotes an entire album to jazzing up music by the classical
composer Frederic Chopin.
• 180g Vinyl
• Mixed & Mastered by Tetsu Hara / Venus Hyper Magnum Sound Direct Mix
John Di Martino, piano
George Mraz, bass
Richard de Rosa, drums
1. Night Flower - Nocturne No. 15 in F minor, Op. 55/1
2. Cry of the Rain Forest - Prelude No. 2 in a minor, Op. 28-2
3. The Ballerina's Dream - Premiere Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23
4. Lover's temptations - Waltz No. 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2
5. African Sunrise - Nocturne No. 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1
1. A Woman In Love - Prelude No. 20 in c minor, Op. 28/20
2. Azure Kiss - Prelude No. 4 in e minor, Op. 28/4
3. Drifting In a Mist - Waltz No. 3 in a minor, Op. 34/2
4. No One But You - Etude No. 6 in E flat minor, Op. 10/6
Recorded at Avatar Studio in New York, December 20-21, 2009.