The Monkees Good Times! 180g LP
Monkee's 50th Anniversary Celebrated On 180g Vinyl
First Album In 20 Years! Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
Good Times! features all three surviving band members from the Monkees group –
Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork. The unmistakable voice of the
late Davy Jones is also included with a vintage vocal featured on one song. To
produce the new album, the band found the perfect musical co-conspirator in
Grammy® and Emmy®-winning songwriter Adam Schlesinger (Fountains Of Wayne, Ivy).
To help bring the anniversary full circle, The Monkees completed songs for Good
Times! that were originally recorded and written for the group during the 60s
including “Love To Love” by Neil Diamond, which features a vintage vocal by
Jones. Harry Nilsson wrote the title track “Good Times,” which he recorded at a
session with Nesmith in January 1968. The production was never completed, so the
band returned to the original session tape (featuring Nilsson’s guide vocal) and
have created a duet with his close friend Dolenz. “Good Times” will mark the
first time Dolenz and Nilsson have sung together since Dolenz’ May 1973 single
“Daybreak.” Other vintage 1960’s tracks included on Good Times! feature L.A.’s
famed “Wrecking Crew” of session musicians.
Good Times! features tracks written specifically for the band by some of the
music world’s most gifted songwriters, including Rivers Cuomo (Weezer), Ben
Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), Andy Partridge (XTC), and Zach Rogue (Rogue Wave)
as well as a song co-written by Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller. The album also
includes songwriting contributions by Nesmith (“I Know What I Know”) and Tork as
well as producer Schlesinger.
"This is one of the most exciting Monkee projects I’ve been involved in for
decades!" says Dolenz. "Working with Adam Schlesinger has been a pure
delight and the opportunity to sing a duet with my old buddy, Harry Nilsson, is
just beyond cool!"
• 180g vinyl
• 50th Anniversary edition
• First new album in 20 years
• Collectible sticker sheet
• Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, NYC
Micky Dolenz, lead vocals
Michael Nesmith, guitar, backing vocals
Peter Tork, organ, backing vocals
Davy Jones, lead vocals "Love To Love"
Harry Nilsson, lead vocals, piano "Good Times"
1. Good Times (Harry Nilsson)
2. You Bring The Summer (Andy Partridge)
3. She Makes Me Laugh (Rivers Cuomo)
4. Our Own World (Adam Schlesinger)
5. Gotta Give It Time (Jeff Barry & Joey Levine)
6. Me & Magdalena (Ben Gibbard)
1. Whatever's Right (Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart)
2. Love To Love (Neil Diamond)
3. Little Girl (Peter Tork)
4. Birth Of An Accidental Hipster (Noel Gallagher & Paul Weller)
5. Wasn't Born to Follow (Gerry Goffin & Carole King)
6. I Know What I Know (Michael Nesmith)
7. I Was There (And I'm Told I Had A Good Time) (Micky Dolenz & Adam