The Red Garland Quintet All Mornin' Long 200g LP (Mono)
Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Mono 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige mono reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Some groups have existed only in the recording studio but have produced music of
lasting value. This quintet, under pianist Red Garland's leadership, actually
did play some gigs around New York in the fall of 1957, but even if it hadn't,
the rapport in the studio would still have been powerful. Beginning with the
association of Garland and sax master John Coltrane in the Miles Davis Quintet
and continuing with Arthur Taylor's trio connection with Garland, and trumpeter
Donald Byrd's having worked with all of them in one form or another, there was
enough of a common spirit in the musical attitudes of all the participants. The
title blues spans an entire side; the overleaf is shared by Gershwin's "They
Can't Take That Away from Me" and Dameron's "Our Delight."
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Red Garland, piano
John Coltrane, tenor sax
Donald Byrd, trumpet
Geoerge Joyner, bass
Arthur Taylor, drums
1. All Mornin' Long
1. They Can't Take That Away From Me
2. Our Delight
Originally released November 1957.