The Syd Lawrence Orchestra Big Band Spectacular Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape
Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape!
Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The UK's leading big band, The Syd Lawrence Orchestra, were chosen by producer
Mike Valentine for his exploration into the sound differences between direct cut
vinyl and a multi-track analogue tape recording and mix done of exactly the same
event. The album had to be recorded live so he had to choose a selection of
music which would be of the perfect length.
Valentine chose a recording studio which not only had a superb sounding space,
but also an engineer versed in the black art of cutting live vinyl. Ultimately,
he chose Air Studios with engineers Jake Jackson and John Webber.
The Syd Lawrence Orchestra led by Chris Dean perform music consisting of eight
pieces from the big band era, the creations of Glen Miller, Artie Shaw, and
Benny Goodman played live at Air Studios. This 1/4" Master Tape Copy was created
from the 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios.
• Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
• 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
• Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½” Tape
• Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
• Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest
• All tapes use CCIR/IEC Equalization
• Originally mastered at Air Studios London
• Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
• Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
• Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
Syd Lawrence Orchestra
Chris Dean, conductor
1. Sing Sing Sing
2. Moonlight Serenade
3. Begin the Beguine
4. American Patrol
5. In the Mood
6. String of Pearls
7. Little Brown Jug
8. Anvil Chorus