The Wynton Kelly Trio & Sextet Kelly Blue Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import SHM-SACD
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes
the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further
enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed
for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency,
players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which
enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution
format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high
resolution format such as SACD.
Kelly is warmly supported on this date by Nat Adderly, Paul chambers and Jimmy
Cobb. Throughout, Kelly cultivates the blues atmosphere that makes
the collection one of his finest.
Wynton Kelly's recording career started in the late 1940s with Hal Singer, Babs
Gonzales and Eddie Vinson. He went on to record with Dinah Washington, Lester
Young, Dizzy Gillespie, J.J. Johnson, Billie Holiday, Sonny Rollins, Art Blakey
and many other stars. Respected by his peers as a pianist of remarkable
creativity and feeling, his own stardom was on hold until 1959, when he got a
call from Miles Davis and joined one of the most important small bands in jazz.
The same year, Kelly recorded Kelly Blue for Riverside. The album's critical
notices and popularity combined with his Davis exposure to bring Kelly general
recognition. Paul Chambers and Jimmy Cobb, his section mates from Davis' group,
round out the rhythm section. Nat Adderley, Benny Golson and Bobby Jaspar join
for two memorable tracks. Throughout, Kelly cultivates the blues atmosphere that
makes the collection one of his finest.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
1. Kelly Blue
2. Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise
3. Do Nothin' Til You Hear From Me
4. On Green Dolphin Street
5. Willow Weep For Me
6. Keep It Moving (Take 4)
7. Keep It Moving
8. Old Clothes