Traffic John Barleycorn Must Die Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import SHM-SACD
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes
the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further
enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed
for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency,
players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which
enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution
format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high
resolution format such as SACD.
Although John Barleycorn Must Die was originally intended as Steve Winwood's
post-Blind Faith solo debut, Winwood and producer/label head Chris Blackwell
first drafted Jim Capaldi to provide lyrics, and then Chris Wood dropped by to
add his familiar reeds, and almost by accident, Traffic was reborn.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
1. Glad (Winwood)
2. Freedom Rider (Winwood-Capaldi)
3. Empty Pages (Winwood-Capaldi)
4. Stranger To Himself (Winwood-Capaldi)
5. John Barleycorn (Trad. Arrangement/Winwood)
6. Every Mother's Son (Winwood-Capaldi)