VPI Avenger Turntable & JMW-12 3D Tonearm
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
The VPI Avenger Turntable is a unique and stylish design which features the JMW-12 3D Tonearm, VTA on-the-fly adjustment, room to mount 2 additional tonearms, Classic platter, multi-layered chasis, and out of this world sound!
Call for Special Package Pricing: 1-800-782-3472 or 1-765-608-5340.
A cartridge is not included with this turntable, but you can add any cartridge we sell! Call us today!
All cartridges available professionally installed and adjusted! Click Here for available cartridges!
The VPI Avenger table was originally a project started by Harry over 12 years ago. In the process of the design the project was dropped in mid-production due to excessive demand by HR-X customers which left the design and proto-type chassis to be mothballed. The good news about the abandoned design is Harry instead shifted his focus into starting and completing the VPI Classic Turntable.
Shortly after the development of the Prime, and while cleaning out the warehouse in preparation for a dealer training event, the forgotten Avenger and its designs were re-discovered! The working name was the "Tri-Pod Project". Being newly motivated, Harry has finally put in motion the table that will be his master piece! The unique iterations that had been crafted from the original process were completed as Special Editions.
The VPI Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic, with damping material between layers, locked in by 3 isolation steel corner posts, 3 bolts, and the massive bearing assembly. The corner posts which hold the tonearms (up to three will fit) have adjustable machined knobs giving the user the ability to easily raise and lower the height to level the table. Fully adjustable armboards are made from 5/8” 6061 aluminum for rigidity and grounding. The table can mount up to three arms, any manufacture's brand, and any length!
• The Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic with damping material between layers.
• 3 stainless steel corner posts for both isolation and tonearm mounting and for mechanical grounding (up to 3 will fit).
• The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly
• The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
• The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001” in a 39” circumference
• The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory
• JMW 12-3D with VPI pure copper wire
• Wow and flutter: <.1%
• Speed Accuracy: <.03%
• Rumble: >75db down
• Overall Dimensions 27" x 23" x 10"
• Footprint is 23" x 20"
• 87 lbs packing weight
Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.