VPI Classic 1 Turntable With JMW-Classic 1 Tonearm (Black Oak) (Original Style)
Only 1 available at this special price! Get this original style VPI Classic 1 for only $2799.99! Regularly $3299.99! You Save $500!
Call for Special Package Pricing: 1-800-782-3472 or 1-765-608-5340.
A cartridge is not included with this turntable, but you can add any cartridge we sell! Call us today!
All cartridges available professionally installed and adjusted! Click Here for available cartridges!
VPI have done it again! For their 30th anniversary, they created a new axiom in turntable form and functionality in the new VPI Classic Turntable. It combines timeless elegance with significant improvements in practical design, including a machined aluminum platter, silver coated pure copper wire, a solid-mounted AC synchronous motor, silent inverted bearing, and new Delrin Isolator Feet derived from the HRX!
"Thanks to careful mounting and fine-tuning, no vibration creeps into the presentation. Yes, the Classic 1 boasts a big sound. Al DiMeola, Paco de Lucia, and John McLaughlin’s acoustic guitars seemingly appear out of nowhere as the stylus travels the grooves of ORG Music’s recently remastered Friday Night In San Francisco. Wonderful guitar tones linger, applause swells from the soundstage, and the percussive thud of feet stamping on the stage leaps from the speakers." - Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio, No. 46, May 2012
"The Classic 1’s tonal body will thrill you when listening to vocal-dominant material. Whether you prefer Johnny Cash, Dusty Springfield, or Diamanda Galas, the ‘table’s weightlessness will leave you swearing you’re listening to something with a much higher price tag. Such advantages should keep classical and hard rock aficionados equally happy. A quick spin of the recent Black Keys LP [El Camino] demonstrates the Classic 1’s capabilities. The grungy guitars, only part of a large noise ball on an entry-level ‘table, now have well-defined space and texture. It feels as if a wall of amplifiers is in the room." - Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio, No. 46, May 2012
"Listeners that don’t want a harem of analog playthings, take note: Match the Classic 1 with a great phonostage, and a solid cartridge (I suggest the Lyra Kleos), and relax. Price be damned, the Classic 1 is one of the most engaging turntables I’ve had the pleasure to use. For $2,750, it’s a steal. Sure, more performance can be had, but it will cost you at least $5k-$10k, whether or not you move to a different platform or upgrade within VPI’s ranks." - Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio, No. 46, May 2012
Sure it looks great, with a gorgeous black oak finish, but what does it sound like? Clean, open, and powerful! A solid, laminated, non-resonating, one-piece chassis provides an extremely low degree of random motion between the motor, platter, and tonearm. As such, the VPI Classic Turntable is unequalled in speed stability. You'll believe you are listening to the original master tapes! It gives any turntable made, regardless of price, a serious run for the money.
As if that weren't enough, every VPI Classic Turntable comes standard with the unipivot JMW-Classic 1 Tonearm in rigid mount mode.
For maximum stability and damping, which always yield the truest possible analogue sound, the platter is made from 2" thick machined 6061 aluminum and is attached to a nonmagnetic 303 stainless steel damping plate. The entire piece weighs in at an impressive 20 pounds! Because the aluminum is grounded to the steel, there is virtually no static buildup or sonic degradation. What's in the grooves is what comes out of your speakers. The VPI Stainless Steel Ring Clamp and VPI Record Center Weight are the perfect upgrade for this immense platter!
Celebrate 30 years of superior turntable design with the VPI Classic Turntable, the simplest and best sounding VPI table to date!
"What I particularly liked about the 'table, aside from its excellent immunity from feedback, was its character, or rather lack of an easily identifiable one. Instead of the sound of older VPI tables, a dark (yin) character, we now have something approaching the completely neutral. I haven't yet been able to put my finger on its specific character, that is, if it has any. But it has allowed a kind of freedom in the sound of LPs being played back on it, one that closely resembles one aspect of the Clearaudio Statement." - Harry Pearson, TAS June/July 2009, Issue 193
"If ever there were a best buy in 'tables, this it it." - Harry Pearson, TAS June/July 2009, Issue 193
"VPI's best work is now a relatively simple and easy-to-set-up player that combines an excellent chassis, built-in motor, and tonearm. Outperforming many units at stratospheric prices, it puts a premium on reliability, rather than pushing the engineering envelope to weights, loads, and gimmicks that do not survive engagement with reality. Remarkably neutral with a wide range of cartridges, and even better with the SDS Speed Control and Outer Ring Clamp. The latter makes a major difference in getting the best out of used, badly stored, and lighter-weight LPs." - Anthony H. Cordesman, TAS 2010 Golden Ear Winner
• JMW-Classic 1 damped stainless steel/aluminum tonearm
• 3/4" solid wood framing a solid MDF chassis bonded with black wrinkle finish 11 gauge steel and dampening fabric for the ultimate in a non-resonant and properly grounded base for the turntable to work.
• Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects.
• Off-set counter weight standard 140 gm + 10 gm outrigger weight.
• AC synchronous 600 RPM Motor sitting on separate motor plate mounted on silicone isolator.
• 20 pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
• Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
• Isolation using solid machined Delrin feet sitting on 3 hardened steel balls and attached to the table with an isolator so powerful you can put the table next to your speakers.
• Speed stability on par with a master tape: Due to the rigid mounting of motor - platter - tonearm there isn't any random motion to cause speed instabilities.
• Noise rejection that lets the Classic Turntable sit near four 15" subwoofers and having virtually no feedback
• Lack of random motion between the motor, platter, and tonearm giving the ultimate in low level resolution. Not only does this rigidity improve speed stability, it also allows the retrievel of low level information with the world's great turntables and pushing against master tapes.
• RCA jack termination so you can use the interconnect of your choice.
• Adjustable Anti-Skate
• VPI Solid Delrin Deluxe One-Piece Record Clamp
• Pivot to spindle distance: 258mm
• Effective length: 273.42mm
• Overhang: 15.42mm
• Offset angle: 19.98 degrees
• Average RMS distortion: .311%
• Armtube critically damped internally with 1.7 pound foam.
• Premium Discovery wire used internally and in junction box
• High quality RCA outputs standard.
• Unipivot design with zero friction and zero bearing chatter.
• Dropped counterweight for tracking force and azimuth adjustment and low center of gravity.
• Height adjustable base for precise setting of VTA/SRA
• Solid construction of the base assembly guarantees solid bass performance.
• Adjustable anti-skate settings if needed.
20 ˝ x 15 ˝ x 9 ˝ (top of the wire loop)
Footprint: 19 1/4" x 14 1/4"
Diameter of single foot: 2 1/4" D
Platter Height: 2"
Platter Weight: 20 pounds
Total Weight: 65 pounds
Warranty: 3 Years
Special Note: The Classic Motor should be lubed once a year. How do you do this? Using a pointed dropper or needle dispenser, simply put a drop of oil below the motor pulley in the aluminum circle that is just below the motor pulley. Lube is included with the Classic Table.