VPI Cliffwood Turntable & Grado Green Cartridge (Black Friday Black)
Limited Edition "Black Friday" Finish!
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
The VPI Cliffwood Turntable featuring an Aluminum Platter, 600rpm Motor, 9" Gimbaled tonearm & VPI/Grado Green Cartridge!
For 40 years VPI has built turntables in America and kept it in the VPI family. For almost 30 of those years VPI has built their turntables in Cliffwood, New Jersey. With VPI reaching a more entry level market they are still able to make their products in Cliffwood, New Jersey. Most companies when making entry level products source their components outside their country of origin. This is why VPI is celebrating their heritage and own VPI workers by naming this turntable after the place they are built!
VPI is also excited to be teaming up with their friends from Brooklyn, New York, Grado Labs! VPI engineered a cartridge shell specifically for the Grado to make it easier to mount and contribute to the sound signature. The VPI/Grado Green will be the factory standard mounted cartridge on all VPI Cliffwood turntables.
The tonearm is a 9" machined aluminum gimbal both easy and robust to use while providing top level sonic performance.
• VPI/Grado Green Cartridge
• 9" Gimbaled Tonearm
• Aluminum Platter
• 600rpm Motor
• 1.25”" thick textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
• 16" x 11" footprint
• 19” x 14” x6” overall size
• Aluminum Platter
• Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing
• The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
• New 9” vertical Yoke type tonearm with lateral type bearing.
• Pivot to spindle: 223mm
• Effective length: 240.7mm
• Overhang: 17.7mm
• Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
• Average RMS distortion: .36%
• Damped machined aluminum armtube.
• Very pure copper wire, twisted with special insulating jacket.
• The armbase is upgradeable to a standard JMW 9 arm.
Type: Belt drive (manual turntable)
Motor: 600 RPM AC Motor - 2 speed pulley
Turntable Platter: Aluminum
Diameter: 11.81” (30.0 cm)
Turntable Speeds: 33 1/3 rpm and 45 rpm
Cartridge: VPI/Grado Green
Dimensions: 18.5” (470 mm) W x 13.5” (343 mm) D x 4.3” (109 mm)H
Weight: 12.9 lbs. (5.9 kg)
Frequency Response: 10-50
Channel Separation at 1KHz: 30
Input Load: 47K
Output at 1KHz (5CM/sec.): 5mV
Recommended Tracking Force: 1.5
Stylus Type: Elliptical
Compliance CUs: 20
Stylus Replacement (U=user): U