Waylon Jennings/Live From Austin, TX 180g 2LP
First Time Available on 180 Gram Vinyl!
Entire Live Performance of this Critically Acclaimed Title!
Limited Edition! Gatefold Jacket!
Waylon never took much to the Outlaw label, although he looked and acted
every bit the part. But his insistence on artistic control, recording with his
own band, and writing or choosing his own songs blazed a trail for many younger
artists to follow. When Hoss hit the stage with The Waylors, it might as well
have been midnight in a Texas roadhouse for all anybody could tell.
Recorded on April 1, 1989 this performance by Waylon Jennings was no April Fool's joke. This was the "new" Waylon, both personally and professionally. He had kicked a 20-year drug habit, split with RCA and signed a new deal with MCA Records. He discovered a passion for songwriting, teamed with legendary produced Jimmy Bowen, and produced some of the best work of his 30-year-plus career. He credited his wife and soul mate, Jessi Colter, for much of his inspiration.
This was Waylon's second trip to the ACL stage, but the one that best captures the raw edge and driving urgency that pushed country music way past its Nashville boundaries starting in the mid 1970's.
• Premium Audiophile 180 Gram Vinyl
• Limited Edition 3-Sided Double LP
• Gatefold Jacket
• First Time Available on 180g Vinyl
LP1 - Side One:
1. I'm A Ramblin' Man
2. Rainy Day Woman
4. I May Be Used (But Baby I Ain't Used Up)
6. Me and Bobby McGee
LP1 - Side Two:
1. Trouble Man
2. Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
3. Good Ol' Boys (Theme From The Dukes Of Hazzard)
4. Bob Wills Is Still The King
5. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
6. Suspicious Minds (with Jesse Colter)
7. Honky Tonk Angels (with Jesse Colter)
LP2 - Side Three:
1. Good Hearted Woman
2. I've Always Been Crazy
3. Luckenbach, Texas (Back To The Basics Of Love)
4. I Ain't Living Long Like This