Wes Montgomery Echoes Of Indiana Avenue 180g 45rpm 2LP
Hand-Numbered, Limited Edition! 45rpm 180g Double Audiophile Vinyl! Mastering by Bernie Grundman with Custom Vacuum Tube Amplifier & Pressed at RTI!
The first full album of previously unheard Wes Montgomery music in over 25 years
contains studio & live performances recorded in Indianapolis in 1957-1958! This
deluxe hand-assembled, hand-numbered, 12" 45rpm 180g double vinyl set is
released to celebrate the 89th anniversary of Wes Montgomery's birthday on March
6, 1923. Musicians include Wes' brothers Buddy and Monk, Sonny Johnson, Melvin
Rhyne, Paul Parker, Mingo Jones and Earl Van Riper.
Produced by legendary Michael Cuscuna (40th anniversary Miles Davis / Bitches
"This newly discovered collection of recordings captures not only the magic
that was Wes, but also the wonderful Indianapolis jazz scene of which he was so
proudly a part." - Dr. David N. Baker
"One of the most inspired and consistent improvisers of all time, and one of
the most transcendent inventors of melody ever." - Pat Metheny
• Two 12" LPs at 45rpm Pressed at Record Technology Inc. (RTI)
• Restored Sound from the Original Tapes!
• Vinyl LP Mastering by Bernie Grundman with Custom Vacuum Tube Amplifier!
• Deluxe Hand-Assembled Gatefold LP Jacket by Stoughton Press
• Four-Panel LP Booklet with 12" x 12" insert with Complete Liner Notes by Wes Montgomery authorities: David N. Baker, Michael Cuscuna, Pat Martino, Bill Mikowski, Buddy Montgomery, Monk Montgomery & Dan Morgenstern
• Family Photographs provided by the Montgomery Family
• Classic 1950's Photos of Wes taken in Indianapolis
• Previously Unpublished Essay by Wes' brother Buddy and Rare Interview with brother Monk from 1980.
Wes Montgomery, guitar
Monk Montgomery, bass
Mingo Jones, bass
Buddy Montgomery, piano
Earl Van Riper, piano
Sonny Johnson, drums
Paul Parker, drums
Melvin Rhyne, piano, organ
LP1 - Side A:
1. Diablos' Dance
2. Round Midnight LP1 - Side B:
1. Straight No Chaser
2. Nica's Dream LP2 - Side C:
1. Darn That Dream
2. Take the A Train LP2 - Side D:
2. Body and Soul
3. After Hours Blues (improvisation)