Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Since the early 1950s, Willie Dixon has been the studio kingpin of Chicago
blues, having written, produced, and played bass on countless classics by Muddy
Waters, Howlin’ Wolf, Otis Rush, Koko Taylor, and many others. Dixon has always
managed to find time away from the studio to work as a performer, slapping his
upright bass and singing his own tunes in a highly compelling, conversational
baritone. He was working the coffeehouse circuit with pianist Memphis Slim when
he cut this, his first album as a leader, in 1959. Besides his unique
interpretations of “Nervous” and “Built for Comfort,” it includes eight lesser
known compositions from Dixon’s prolific pen. It is unlike all other albums by
Dixon, as he and Slim are accompanied, not by the usual crew of Chicago blues
players, but by a group of New York mainstream jazzmen, including tenor
saxophonist Hal Ashby, guitarist Wally Richardson and drummer Gus Johnson.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Willie Dixon, vocals
Memphis Slim, piano
Hal Ashby, tenor sax
Wally RIchardson, guitar
Gus Johnson, drums
2. Good Understanding
3. That's My Baby
4. Slim's Thing
5. That's All I Want Baby
6. Don't You Tell Nobody
7. Youth To You
8. Sittin' And Cryin' The Blues
9. Built For Comfort
10. I Got A Razor
11. Go Easy
12. Move Me