van den Hul Colibri XGW Stradivarius MC Cartridge 0.38mV
The Colibri XGW Stradivarius MC Cartridge is hand-built upon order and is ready to ship in approximately 7-14 Days!
15% Off! Limited Time Only!
Regularly $7994.99, Only $67944.99! You Save 1200!
The Colibri XGW Stradivarius MC Cartridge is van den Hul's top model custom handbuilt phono cartridge!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The Colibri XGW Stradivarius MC Cartridge is van den Hul's top model custom handbuilt phono cartridge, featuring matched gold coils and a 0.38mV/channel output. As a result of A.J. van den Hul’s continuous research into improving his phono cartridge designs, the Colibri has seen the light of day.
The Colibri XGW Stradivarius MC Cartridge is the improved successor to van den Hul's Grasshopper Beauty series of phono cartridges where many building components have been removed in a highly successful quest to return to the plain essence of phono transduction. The result is an unbelievably straightforward sounding clean and open design, in all its aspects bearing much resemblance to the "Colibri" named tropical bird’s swiftness, elegance and beauty; Hence the cartridge’s name.
The van den Hul Colibri XGW Stradivarius MC Phono Cartridgege features a Koa Wood Body treated with 400 year old formula Stradivarius lacquer that gives it a rigid, hard shell that results in superior sonics and an amazing sound! The Stradivarius also features a medium (0.38mV) output, 24 karat gold coils, a Samarium-Cobalt magnet, extended channel separation and superb tracking ability!
Compared to van den Hul's Grasshopper Beauty series the following differences stand out:
• By minimizing and adapting the cartridge’s total magnetic circuit the related distortion and (Barkhausen) noise have undergone a considerable decrease. This opens up many subtle sound details that never have been heard before; Especially the decay of instrument sounds now stands out much more clearly in the music’s totality.
• Due to the minimization of the cartridge’s total magnetic circuit the cartridge’s mass has been reduced. Together with the possibility to tune the cartridge’s static compliance on special customer demand it is now possible to use very light tonearms whilst maintaining a very good tracking ability.
• By removing the frontpole is has been possible to apply an even shorter cantilever; This further improves the groove-modulation-transduction’s directness and accuracy.
• Due to the minimal magnetic design the output voltage has slightly reduced.
• 24K Gold Coils
• Proprietary van den Hul 1s Stylus
• Boron Cantilever
• Koa Wood Body treated with 400 year old formula Stradivarius lacquer